| || |
Puente Hills Landfill (Closed)
THE PUENTE HILLS LANDFILL IS CLOSED.
Refuse can be taken to the
Puente Hills Material Recovery Facility (Puente Hills MRF)
- Access to the Puente Hills MRF is through the Puente Hills Landfill entrance at 13130 Crossroads Parkway South. Follow signs to the Puente Hills MRF.
- The Puente Hills MRF is open from 4:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Saturday, and is closed on Sunday and holidays.
- The Puente Hills MRF is operated with the intent to recover and divert recyclables and combustible material.
- Click here for information on the Puente Hills MRF.
- Click here for load requirements.
- Self-haul/hand loads are accepted provided they obtain acceptable limits of recyclable material.
Payment at the scales must be in cash, credit card (MasterCard, American Express, & Discover Card only), debit card, or by pre-arranged credit. No checks are accepted. All disposal rates, excluding green waste rates, include state, county, and appropriate local fees and taxes.
After 56 years of operation, the Puente Hills Landfill closed on October 31, 2013. The Puente Hills Landfill first opened in 1957 as the privately-owned San Gabriel Valley Dump. The Sanitation Districts purchased the landfill in 1970 for a regional disposal facility. Over the years, the facility has employed numerous innovative, environmental approaches including generating electricity from landfill gas, managing materials recovery and recycling programs, dedicating the landfill property to a regional park after closure, and acquiring and maintaining local native habitat as open space. In addition, the state-of-the-art facility included extensive practices to manage odors, dust, birds, and provide landscaping to blend with the local native habitat.
Although trash is no longer accepted at the landfill, other Sanitation Districts' facilities, the Puente Hills MRF, Downey Area Recycling and Transfer Facility, South Gate Transfer Station, and the Southeast Resource and Recovery Facility, are open and available to meet the waste management needs of businesses and the community in the region.
The closest Sanitation District facility to the Puente Hills Landfill is the Puente Hills MRF. This facility is located on the same property and can be accessed through the entrance to the Puente Hills Landfill. Directions to the facility are posted at the entrance. The current disposal rates for the Puente Hills MRF can be found at Tipping Fees for Solid Waste and Recyclables.
Click on the following links for: