| || Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
Lancaster Water Reclamation Plant
The Lancaster Water Reclamation Plant (WRP) is located at 1865 West Avenue "D" in the city of Lancaster and occupies 554 acres east of the Antelope Valley (14) Freeway. The plant was placed in operation on September 24, 1959. It replaced a previous plant, which was located on Avenue H between 20th and 30th Streets West. This original previous plant began operation on December 2, 1941.
The Lancaster WRP provides tertiary treatment for up to 18 million gallons of wastewater per day (see flow diagram below). The Lancaster WRP serves a population of approximately 160,000 people. In addition to producing recycled water, the Lancaster WRP processes all wastewater solids generated at the plant. The wastewater solids are anaerobically digested, centrifugally dewatered, and further dried in drying beds. The dried biosolids are hauled away and beneficially used. Methane gas is produced during the digestion process and is used to heat the anaerobic digesters.
Recycled water is used for landscape irrigation and other municipal and industrial purposes in the city of Lancaster, and to maintain water levels in Apollo Lakes Regional Park and Piute Ponds. The remaining recycled water is used for irrigation of fodder crops.